1) Do children belong with their families?
2) Can an institution provide better care for a child than their family?
3) From a Christian perspective, who is ultimately responsible for the care of a child barring extraordinary conditions?
4) What would constitute an "extraordinary condition" in which a child would need to leave the care of their family?
5) Does the need for education, including social interaction with peers, supersede the need for the child to live with his/her biological family?
I CANNOT WAIT to share all I have been learning on this subject!
|My dear friend's son, Dara|