Monday, June 8, 2009

Relaxation Technique: Giving Up!

I am currently going through the Beth Moore study on the Psalms of Ascent. In the introduction, Beth encourages you to begin the practice of lying prostrate before the Lord. I have only been prostrate, truly face down and ready to "give up" before the Lord, once during an extremely difficult time in my life. I was, in all honesty, hesitant to try again.

To my surprise, once my body hit the floor and my forehead rested as low as it could go, I felt such relief from the stress I have been under, such peace. Who knew such a prone position could be so relaxing?! God did. It wasn't the position of my body but the position of my heart. After seven weeks in Cambodia trying to make things go just so, I gave up - and I am so glad I did. What a relief to know Who is in charge. How relaxing to let go.

Haven't I been taught that all my life? How many times have I learned that lesson? Countless. I am not, however, disappointed to learn it again in God's school. I am too at peace with Him to care because I know He is at peace with me, teaching me and growing me through each new experience He gives.

No comments:

Post a Comment