Thursday, March 28, 2013

Daily Dinner Table News

     I sat reading a post, images flashing through my mind of those we see, even those we know...dead on the side of the road surrounded by a group of people too afraid to touch them, cover them, give them some dignity...heartbroken, swinging in a hammock telling me of the six children and husband lost to the Khmer Rouge...shocked watching the cremation of a son who died from eating poisoned meat...walking, gathering piles of recyclable material all day in order to just have a bit to go with the rice. Day in and day out. This is the daily dinner table news.

    I remember thinking, “If my friends are angry that 20 kids died, no wonder I’m such a wreck after three years of this kind of evil.”

     Read more of this very insightful post here.



No comments:

Post a Comment