Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Fear Factor

While reading this morning, the author helped me
understand a simple truth from God's Word that I had somehow missed
along the way: Fear of the Lord should override our fear of man. We
were in a meeting once with someone who we were confronting about
wronging us. My desire to win kept me in torment as my resolves to
listen well, speak gently, and act lovingly (Godly commands, indeed) all
dissolved within the first few minutes. My fear of being continually
hurt by this person, my desire to no longer fear his intentions, was
stronger than my fear of God.


Our desire not to sin against God should be far greater than our fear of
man or man's intentions. I hope when I am faced with difficult situations
in the future thatI will fear my God so much that I will not sin against Him in my
ungodly fear.

1 John 4:18


No comments:

Post a Comment